Subject: Re: [boost] The C++ Post-Processor
From: Christian Schladetsch (christian.schladetsch_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-18 10:17:05

Hi Chris,

I am a member of the Clang team, and also LLVM. It is hard and slow work.

I merely wished to try to spread out this work, and also raise the
importance of the C++ pre-processor.

At the end, I just wanted to raise the idea to boost because it seems like a
rarified area here. The idea of making a C++ interpreter that can parse and
use new modules dynamically, including pre-processing is important to the
future of the language, and is also a study paid for by Apple.

There are efforts, but I am not aware of any within boost. I specifically
was interested in developments of Boost.Wave to make a C++ backend. I think
such would be a good thing for C++. Clang and LLVM are great, and I will
continue my support for them, but they don't have C++ at heart.

Regards,
Christian.