Subject: Re: [boost] [dbc] Interest in Design By Contract for C++?
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-19 07:59:02

Behalf Of
> Gottlob Frege
> Sent: Monday, October 19, 2009 8:30 AM
> To: boost_at_[hidden]
> Subject: Re: [boost] [dbc] Interest in Design By Contract for C++?

ACCEPTABLE? ***

Acronymitis is a serious problem for me ;-(

DBC_ everywhere just looks very nasty.

One could learn to live with it, but the number of brackets required to use the
macros adds insult to injury.

And the syntax of the macros looks less than intuitive (as always with macros).

If this intended to be a Boost -only library, then macros should start with
BOOST_, but that would only increase the problem of too long names that take too
long to type.

If it is for general use, I would prefer something Acronym-Free, perhaps like

DESIGN_INHERIT_OBJECT, DESIGN_MEMBER_FUNCTION ...

Sorry - but I'm sure you have been so busy grappling with the difficult macros
to consider the 'aesthetics' ;-)

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow