Subject: Re: [boost] Preliminary submission: generic linear algebra algorithms library Boost LA
From: Daniel Pfeifer (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-21 11:30:22

Hi Emil,

I had a look at the documentation and examples of your library and I think
it is awesome so far.
Your library could be a C++ complement to the builtin vector and matrix
types and functions of GLSLang.
(see http://www.opengl.org/registry/doc/GLSLangSpec.1.50.09.pdf pages: 23,
53ff, 60, 81ff).
Since you already have mastered swizzling, implementing the rest should be
peanuts.

My wishlist:

* component wise multiplication and division of two vectors implemented as
operators (as in GLSL).
* all the vector and matrix related functions described in chapter 8 of
the GLSL spec.
* operator[]

As for the name: If LA is too misleading, I would propose "kd-math" or
"math-kd". There already is another project called math3d, and since your
library is not limited to three dimensions, kd (as in kd-tree) suits quite
well in my opinion.

cheers,

Daniel