Subject: Re: [boost] [property] interest in C# like properties for C++?
From: Stefan Strasser (strasser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-23 11:28:13

Not trying to beat a dead horse, but this is yet another reason to keep the parenthesis syntax:
name().size()

-- Ursprüngl. Mitteil. --
Von: Olaf van der Spek <olafvdspek_at_[hidden]>
Datum: 23.10.2009 07:44

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 1:30 AM, Edward Diener <eldiener_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Of course you can support reference properties along with value properties.
> It is just very hard, if not impossible, to support both kinds using the
> same template class. So really one would not a separate template class to
> support reference properties.

Maybe I should've said class reference. Take std::string for example.
I'd be very interested if you've got code that supports for example
name.size() where name is your reference property class. name->size()
is no problem, but I'd like to have name.size().

Olaf