Subject: Re: [boost] Boost policy for putting headers in boost/ Was: #3541 Support <boost/ptr_map.hpp>
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-23 12:56:26

Scott McMurray wrote:
> 2009/10/23 Frank Mori Hess <frank.hess_at_[hidden]>:
>> How do these objections to boost/D/all.hpp not also apply when it is called
>> boost/D.hpp?
>>

> Presumably the argument is that if "all" doesn't include every single
> header in the library, then it's misleading, whereas D.hpp can be the
> "author's cut" of functionality.

Yes. That's the case for proto.hpp. It includes everything except debug
utilities and typeof registrations. If I were to add serialization or
python support, that would also be left out. A proto/all.hpp would
either be inefficient and largely useless or else misleading. I imagine
the same is true for most libraries.

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing