Subject: Re: [boost] Can we suppress integer_traits warnings?
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-26 11:08:54

>> Sure, but we need to fix the *library header file* so it doesn't
>> emit warnings even when the user has asked for those warnings: we do
>> this already for long long usage within Boost, but I can't find a
>> workaround for constants with LL suffixes.
>
> Maybe #pragma GCC system_header is an option?

Ahah! That certainly seems to work, adding:

#if defined(__GNUC__) && ((__GNUC__ > 3) || ((__GNUC__ == 3) &&
(__GNUC_MINOR__ > 3)))
//
// The following code emits warnings when built with -pedantic, and there
appears
// to be no other way of suppressing these warnings as use of __extension__
has no
// effect, so declare the rest of this header a system header.
//
# pragma GCC system_header
#endif

near the end of the header, suppresses those warnings.

Any downsides or objections to this?

Thanks, John.