Subject: Re: [boost] [interprocess] mapped_file with wide filename on Windows
From: Cory Nelson (phrosty_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-26 22:51:58

2009/10/20 Ion Gaztañaga <igaztanaga_at_[hidden]>:
> Cory Nelson escribió:
>>
>> Could the mapped_file constructor allow a wchar_t filename on Windows?
>>  Or some cross-platform way to get Unicode support?
>
> I'll see how could I add this, but I think you'll need to convert your
> wchar_t to utf-8 for the moment,

I've looked at the internals and noticed it uses the codepage APIs
from Windows, so UTF-8 won't work right now without some changes. I
would not be adverse toward this becoming a supported feature though,
with it converting and calling the correct Unicode APIs behind the
scenes. I'd be happy to supply a patch for this if you are interested
in including it.

--
Cory Nelson
http://int64.org