Subject: [boost] [BGL] Trying to get a correclty working Parallel BFS code
From: Sandeep Gupta (gupta.sandeep_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-27 01:48:38

Hi All,
  I have spent significant effort on parallel bfs. Currently its almost
working. I would really appreciate some help to get it running correctly. I
have attached the code (self contained and requires no input file).
I think I have followed all the guidelines regarding distributed property
maps mentioned in the docs (
http://www.osl.iu.edu/research/pbgl/documentation/graph/breadth_first_search.html
).
I am out of ideas of where things can could have gone wrong.

The correct output of input graph
0 --> 1 2
1 --> 2 3
2 --> 3
3 --> 4 6
4 --> 5
5 -->
6 -->
should be
Node ID : Level
0 : 0
1 : 1
2 : 1
3 : 2
4 : 3
5 : 4
6 : 3

But when ran with 2 processes the output comes out to be
Node ID : Level
0 : 0
1 : 1
2 : 1
3 : 2
4 : 3
5 : 4294967295
6 : 3

Not sure why this is happening. Any suggestions or pointers would indeed be
quite appreciated. Thanks for your time.

-Sandeep