Subject: Re: [boost] [BGL] Trying to get a correclty working Parallel BFS code
From: Sandeep Gupta (gupta.sandeep_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-29 15:10:40

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 5:49 PM, Sandeep Gupta <gupta.sandeep_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 9:31 PM, Jeremiah Willcock <jewillco_at_[hidden]>wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 27 Oct 2009, Sandeep Gupta wrote:
>>
>> The error snippet regarding predecessor map:

>>> Although I was hoping (and actually needed quite urgently) that it would
>>> be
>>> minor issue and get fixed quickly.
>>>

>> You need to pass a predecessor map to the algorithm as one of the
>> parameters
>> (or put it as a part of your graph but making an external property map to
>> give
>> to the algorithm is easier).
>>
>> Hi Jeremy,
>
>> It took me a while but I finally figure out how to pass the predecessor
>> map. Unfortunately it doesn't have any effect. Also, I might be wrong but I
>> don't see any logical reason why predecessor map should have any bearing on
>> the correctness of the depth. I have attached the new code. I am not able
>> to print out the predecessor because I am not able to figure out its type.
>> Maybe you could help me resolve this.
>>

> It would be nice to have this code running. I need to profile graph
> performance on a new machine by tomorrow. Again, thanks for you patience and
> time. I really appreciate you looking into this.
>
> Hi Jeremiah,

   Was just wondering if you had time to look into this or any suggestion on
how further proceed. I can get you the output of predecessor map if that
would help.
Just that I haven't be been able to figure out what the is type of the
property map returned by make_distributed_property_map.
Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Sandeep