Subject: Re: [boost] Time for another bug sprint (after 1.41 ships)?
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-02 07:21:24

On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 11:39 AM, John Maddock <john_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> Good idea - but here's another suggestion - it would be great if someone
> could do an audit of release and trunk branches and see what hasn't been
> merged but should have been. I get the impression that some folks have
> committed fixes to Trunk and then forgotten all about them :-(
>
> Of course hopefully I'm wrong and there's nothing to actually do....

Failing to merge fixes into release is a major problem.

For 1.41.0, I contacted three or four maintainers where I was very sure
there were unmerged changes. That resulted in those libraries getting
merged. I was going to set up a procedure to report unmerged libraries, but
got distracted and never did it.

We really need a regular, preferably automatic, way to detect and report
unmerged libraries.

--Beman