Subject: Re: [boost] [1.41.0] Beta 1 release candidate
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-03 00:47:32

Phil Richards wrote:

> Beman Dawes wrote:
>> 1.41.0 beta 1 release candidates are available at http://boost.cowic.de/rc/
>>
>> Before pushing the beta out to SourceForge, I'd appreciate it if
>> several people would try the release candidate and report success or
>> problems.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> --Beman
>
> Platform: Ubuntu 9.10 (x86)
> Compiler: gcc 4.4.1
>
> Built successfully.
> (Quite a lot of strict-aliasing rules warnings thrown up.)
>

> However, I did notice that tools/regression/doc/library_status.html
> refers to the script tools/regression/library_test_all
>
> This file doesn't exist: it is actually
> tools/regression/src/library_test_all.sh
>

> Tried to run tests, but ended up with lots of "bad variable name" errors
> for LD_LIBRARY_PATH thrown up by dash (Ubuntu's /bin/sh). Anybody come
> across this before?

Please use --debug-configuration and post the initial output. I did fix
such an error before -- it could be that you're actually using system-wide
Boost.Build. Or, alternatively, there could be a further bug -- while I
am on Kubuntu, I don't use that incompatible-with-everything-brand-new-shell ;-)
If that's a further bug, could you run with -n and post a single test run
command?

- Volodya