Subject: Re: [boost] [1.41.0] Beta 1 release candidate
From: Phil Richards (news_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-03 15:10:19

On Tue, 2009-11-03 at 18:57 +0300, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Beman Dawes wrote:
> > Volodya, is this something we should hold the beta for, or can it wait until
> > the release?
> I have just tried on Kubuntu 8.04, using dash as shell, and tests still do work.
> So, I still think local misconfiguration is a likely reason, and that we should
> not delay beta. We should be able to figure this for the final release.

Yep - it was me being dumb - I'd managed to lose PATH update that put
the freshly built bjam on the path, so I was picking up the system one.

The tests are now running - I'll check over the results and post if
there are any unexpected failures, but that isn't going to be anytime
soon :-)

There are a couple of minor updates that should be put in (probably for
1.42) regarding the documentation for building and running the tests in
tools/regression/doc/library_status.html:
* the wrong path for library_test and library_test_all
* mangled HTML in the formatted pages:
  * ../bin.v2/libs/test/<library%gt;/...
  * ../libs/%lt;library%gt;/example
* the "preliminaries" suggest that the tools are built by just invoking
  bjam in the tools/regression/build directory: this only builds
  process_jam_log. It didn't build library_status (had to explicitly
  build it).

Apologies for the misleading error report!

Phil

--
Phil Richards, <news_at_[hidden]>