Subject: [boost] Confused by regression testing "release" branch summary and unresolved issues
From: Phil Richards (news_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-04 17:54:59

I expect the answer is blindingly obvious, but I've read
http://www.boost.org/development/testing.html#Understanding
and I don't understand.

I'm looking at:
http://www.boost.org/development/tests/release/developer/summary.html
and:
http://www.boost.org/development/tests/release/developer/issues.html

I would expect that issues.html would list all the non-expected failures
shown in the summary.html page, but it doesn't. (Even tough that's what
the "Purpose" seems to claim.) The are a raft of gcc 4.4 failures (not
marked as expected - some of them should be, btw), but there are no gcc
4.4 failures at all shown on the issues.html page.

What is the relationship between these two pages? Is it documented
anywhere? Is it actually an issue that the release has quite a lot of
unresolved issues for gcc 4.4?

Phil

--
Phil Richards, <news_at_[hidden]>