Subject: Re: [boost] [system][filesystem v3] Question abouterror_code arguments
From: Domagoj Saric (dsaritz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-07 12:08:09

"Stewart, Robert" <Robert.Stewart_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>> The idea is that you check for things that are not
>> exceptional, and for everything else an error is thrown.
>
> This is a new idea to this thread and I find it unwise.

as far as i understood the existing boost::error_code documentation this is
actually exactly why the whole library exists...to enable exception-free
handling of 'unwanted' but non-exceptional cases/situations...

--
 "That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most
important of all the lessons of history."