Subject: Re: [boost] Help needed in fixing warnings
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-08 13:34:39

John Maddock wrote:

> Currently I have /W4 for msvc, and /Wall /Wextra -pedantic for gcc
> listed on the wiki page.

I thought the serialization library was "clean" until someone complained
that there were warnings at level 4. When I investigated, I found
that the major complaint was that that I had "const" members
so the compiler couldn't generate copy/assigment functions.
It turns out that these classes used the boost::noncopyable
facility. So to eliminate these warnings this facility needs
to be re-implemented in a different way. It sort of an illustration
how an idea with the the best of intentions leads to seems to
lead to a host of unanticipated consequences. (Hmmm
reminds me of current political events - maybe I watch to
much TV).

Bottom line, I'm stuck in a box.

Robert Ramey