Subject: Re: [boost] [integer] long long warning
From: Dmitry Goncharov (dgoncharov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-10 03:37:40

Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> if, in SVN trunk as of revision 57535, I go to libs/program_options/test
> and run:
>
> bjam warnings=all cxxflags=-Wextra
>
> I get a pile of warnings like this:
>
> ../../../boost/integer.hpp:145:24: warning: use of C99 long long integer constant
>
> These are actually only warnings that are now printed. Does anybody know what
> to do with them?

There was a discussion about these warnings recently.
One possible solution is to place constants like the following in one of
the boost headers.

__extension__ unsigned long long const ullong_max =
~static_cast<unsigned long long>(0);
__extension__ long long const llong_max = ullong_max >> static_cast<long
long>(1);
__extension__ long long const llong_min = -llong_max - static_cast<long
long>(1);

BR, Dmitry