Subject: Re: [boost] Official warnings policy?
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-10 12:58:27

C4512 fix looks good to me, but I also note some warnings C4244: 'argument' :
conversion from 'const int' to 'const short', possible loss of data

These could be quieted with carefully checked static_cast s.

This checks and documents that the narrowing IS expected.

In the jamfile you can suppress the C4535 calling _set_se_translator() requires
/EHa with

project : requirements ...

adding

<toolset>msvc:<asynch-exceptions>on # calling _set_se_translator() requires /EHa

It would be better if Boost.Test did this?

boost\boostsvn\boost\test\impl\execution_monitor.ipp(1161) : warning C4701:
potentially uninitialized local variable 'old_crt_hook' used

looks dodgy in Boost.Test too? Trak tickets?

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse