Subject: Re: [boost] [Review] GGL review starts today, November 5th
From: Barend Gehrels (barend_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-12 09:25:17

Hi Mathias,

Mathias Gaunard wrote:
> Barend Gehrels wrote:
>> For polygon the clockwise orientation is default.
>
> Since GGL is based around a mathematical framework, wouldn't it make
> more sense to make the direct (counter clockwise) orientation the
> default?

It is clockwise because of our OGC convention, which has clockwise only.

So we began with clockwise and existing users use clockwise polygons.
It's inconvenient to remove or change the default in ggl::polygon.
However, the default can be removed from the Polygon Concept. polygon
and Polygon do not necessarily have to have the same defaults.

Regards, Barend