Subject: Re: [boost] GGL Questions
From: Bruno Lalande (bruno.lalande_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-12 18:47:34

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your interest in GGL, and for trying to integrate it into
your project.

Lines and rays don't exist yet in GGL indeed. Adding them would
basically consist in defining the corresponding concepts (like for
polygon, segment, etc...) and then specialize the distance and
intersection (to start with) algorithms for them, which is completely
feasible. I'm personnally more video games oriented so I have already
thought about the need of such things actually.

As for directions, it's not there just because we didn't need it until
now (there only exist a notion of orientation for points ranges
traversal). I guess it would only be a traits to define and to use in
algorithms that needed it.

So to summarize, all those things are not yet there, but can easily be added.

HTH
Bruno