Subject: Re: [boost] [Review] GGL review starts today, November 5th
From: Barend Gehrels (barend_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-13 06:22:31

Hi Pierre,

> I have a few remarks, since I am from realtime 3D world (and not really GIS), and I did not see in previous comments much about this.

I'll add to Bruno's answer nothing about gaming, because I'm not good at
that.

But just to show a small sample of a geometry created with GGL using
transformations and 3D, in the GIS context, you can look at
http://trac.osgeo.org/ggl/wiki/WhoUsesGGL

About this:

> # conversions of position/rotation/scale/normal
> ### for the following coordinates systems : world / view / parent / local

We have this in GIS as well. Within GGL you can present points in
different coordinate systems. Even if they are both cartesian, then can
be marked as different (within GIS this is e.g. the case for EPSG). The
generic "transform" function can then transform (e.g. scale, rotate,
translate) between coordinate systems, using matrix calculations.

Regards, Barend