Subject: Re: [boost] [msm] Version 2.0 available
From: Christophe Henry (christophe.j.henry_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-14 10:34:43

>No, in this particular scenario I'd leave all the existing transitions in
>place and just add the CDLoaded outer state. This is barely more work than
>adding the flag, right? Ultimately, what I'm getting at is that your
>justifying example in MsmSession_Handout.pdf could be better, because most
>Statechart users wouldn't write the code you're implying they would. MSM vs.
>Statechart aside, MSM users might be left with the question what flags are
>good for when they can achieve the same with an additional outer state.
>Again, flags are good, but the justifying example isn't.

Ah now I think I now see what you mean. You're using direct entries
and need therefore no change to the transitions.
Point taken. I can change the example by adding another flag and
giving it to one of the CDLoaded-states and one of the non-CDLoaded
states, thus preventing the use of an outer state, eventhough it might
make the example slightly more difficult than I intended. I really
simply wanted to bring this new general concept.

Regards,

Christophe