Subject: Re: [boost] [1.41][serialization] MSVC 9 crashes on compilation
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-15 17:51:24

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 11:23 AM, Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I made HUGE blunder.
>
> I accidently commited changes to the release branch when I meant to
> commit them to the trunk.  I'm on my way out the door now.  I'll
> revert them when I get back.
>
> I'm really, really sorry.

No sweat. I messed up, too - I should have detected that some of the
release tests were stale and waited until they cycled. I see that the
changes have been reverted, so will generate release candidates again
tomorrow once the fresh tests cycle.

The critical point, however, is that we did follow the procedure of
asking for independent verification that the release candidate builds
OK.

Many thanks to Andrey for detecting the problem, and Richard for confirming it!

--Beman