Subject: Re: [boost] GGL Review
From: Brandon Kohn (blkohn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-16 11:33:01

Jonathan Franklin wrote:
> In my application domain, I'm really not that interested in numerical
> instability due to floating point imprecision. For my use-cases, a
> few things work fine w/ single precision, and double precision works
> well for everything else.

Yes, but for something like boolean operations, this means it works
sometimes and completely fails at others. I can see the logic of
accepting the uncertainty and hoping for the best in practice, but it
does beg the question whether Boost should contain such libraries. There
are many buggy floating point boolean op libraries out there. Why do we
need another?

Regards,

Brandon