Subject: Re: [boost] Updating the Boost Review Process Was: [GGL] Bost.Polygon (GTL) vs GGL - rationale
From: Jose (jmalv04_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-16 12:37:24

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 2:56 PM, Scott McMurray <me22.ca+boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> 2009/11/16 Jose <jmalv04_at_[hidden]>:
>>
>> I realize that there is no mention to the word "vote" in the review
>> policy, just "review comments". See message below for rationale on why
>> these may be good changes.

> I strongly dislike the idea of "voting" and a correspondingly purely
> objective acceptance criterion, since then you have to define whether
> someone is permitted to vote, which is necessarily exclusive.

In the specific proposal I do not say that voting should be the
criteria, but the current review process is asking users to say:

YES
NO
NO but if x and y are provided then YES

So it's incongruent to ask this and then completely ignore it. So if
the votes are clearly divided, the acceptance needs to be justified,
otherwise the process is ignoring what people think (like in the
Boost.polygon review!)