Subject: Re: [boost] GGL Review
From: Barend Gehrels (barend_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-16 14:00:31

>> luke seems to be willing to integrate his Boost.Robust2DIntegerPolygon into
>> GGL, but he also seems to have some concerns if he'll be able to do that
>> using GGL's polygon representation. those should be addressed before GGL is
>> accepted.
>>

> I was under the impression that Luc was basing his reservations on
> robustness issues due to floating point limitations. Perhaps I
> misread, or missed a point or two.

It is reversed indeed, Luke wants to integrate our FP overlay algorithm
in his library, so he can specialize on numeric type, for integers his
algorithm, for floats ours. We're happy to extend our Polygon Concept
for this feature, if the std:: container is not sufficient. But I don't
know if you can ask that it should be there before acceptance, because
the BP was accepted after the announcement of GGL review...

Barend