Subject: Re: [boost] Another GGL review
From: Jose (jmalv04_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-17 06:56:15

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 10:36 PM, Barend Gehrels <barend_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi Jose,
>
> Thanks for your interest and for your enthousiastic review.

I forgot to add this in the review:

Design
---------

Spatial indexes are very important. What is the plan ? (I saw the
brief mention in your paper). I also saw complaints about the bad
quality of the SOC project code.

I found an r-tree implementation that is part of a thesis and asked
the author if he would be willing to donate the code (if it made
sense!)

Also, most mentions to indexes are memory indexes. Are there any
solutions for persistent spatial indexes ? maybe by interfacing to an
external library

Do you see state-of-the-art c++ libraries like mapnik potentially
using GGL, instead of their abstractions ?

Docs
-------

It would be nice to have at least one example that also uses GIL (a
plus would be simple label placement with GIL + Freetype)