Subject: Re: [boost] Another GGL review
From: Jose (jmalv04_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-17 12:15:33

> As Mateusz said, we want to have an implementation based on templates; the
> SOC version did use virtual methods and we wish to avoid them.

Below is a c++ template-based implementation that has been used for
route planning in the European street netwok (18 million vertices and
22 million edges). The code is part of a thesis and the author is
willing to change the license to Boost, if it can be useful!

http://idlebox.net/2006/Studienarbeit/libvgserver-0.1/RTree.h.html
http://idlebox.net/blogtags/compsci_study_thesis

In my opinion, a good r-tree implementation is necessary. I have no
experience with the above library but I've seen other code from this
author to be of high quality.

regards