Subject: Re: [boost] [new Warnings policy] MS C4180 on the Maintenance Guidelines
From: Patrick Horgan (phorgan1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-17 13:37:44

   Paul A. Bristow wrote:

Patrick Horgan

   First, I have to say, amazing job, and amazing reference. I don't believe
   that there's anything else like this on the web.

:-)

[1]https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/Guidelines/MaintenanceGuidelines

now updated using your suggestions.

Is this better?

   Hard to be much better than it was! Still a couple of caveats. I'd like to
   see
   C4996 mention that POSIX has not deprecated these please. The Visual C++
   message is, perhaps, deceptive and people may fear that they are using
   things that are no longer part of POSIX.
   C4710 mention that if the variable is volatile this should be suppressed.
   C4510 mention if have reference or const members provide default
   constructor with initializer list. If intent is to make
   non-default-constructable, provide private declaration only.

Paul

PS The coverage of gcc is thin, for other compilers, non-existent.
Contributions welcome as I am entirely ignorant of these compilers.

   Working on it;)
   Thanks,
   Patrick