Subject: Re: [boost] [new Warnings policy] MS C4180 on the Maintenance Guidelines
From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-17 15:14:41

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 4:15 AM, Paul A. Bristow
<pbristow_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> [...]

Why not replace all that by "No warnings should be emitted by Boost
code. Use your best judgment to either fix or suppress the warning"
followed by information on how warnings can be suppressed on various
compilers?

Rationale:

A) Users don't care why they don't see warnings.

B) Even if they did, if the build log has no warnings it is
prohibitively difficult to investigate why that is.

Emil Dotchevski
Reverge Studios, Inc.