Subject: Re: [boost] Shouldn't both logging proposals be reviewed in the same formal review?
From: Scott McMurray (me22.ca+boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-17 17:12:35

2009/11/17 Vladimir Batov <vladimir.batov_at_[hidden]>:

> Given the situation, would that be unrealistic to ask the respective
> authors to come up with a joint proposal?

As they undoubtedly took different approaches, I think trying to ask
them to pick one would be unreasonable. The review process ought to
do a much better job with each evangelizing their preferred approach.

It would be great if both authors collaborated on whatever combination
or variation is eventually accepted, but I don't think we can force
that, nor should we try to.