Subject: Re: [boost] Shouldn't both logging proposals be reviewed in the same formal review?
From: Stewart, Robert (Robert.Stewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-18 09:15:52

Vladimir Prus wrote:

> I think reviewing both at the same time is very desirable. At
> present, I don't
> have an opinion whether both, only one, or neither should be
> accepted, but it's
> seems unlikely that the right decision can be made while
> looking at a single library,
> and pretending the other one does not exist.

What if one library appears later in the queue and the author was counting on the extra time to prepare?

What if another library is rushed in order to join the fray? That library will surely fare poorly, but might have proven better in the long run.

What if another library appears months later that is clearly better? Can it be added to Boost?

Just because two libraries aren't reviewed together doesn't mean the other issues resulting from multiple, similar libraries, won't arise. Having said that, and not recalling any of the parallel review issues that make the Wizards reticent today, I can understand your interest in reviewing both as a means to head off two libraries being in Boost when one might be clearly superior.

_____
Rob Stewart robert.stewart_at_[hidden]