Subject: Re: [boost] GGL issues - Access Violation
From: Barend Gehrels (barend_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-18 09:47:01

Brandon Kohn wrote:
> Barend Gehrels wrote:
>> Where says the documentation actually that difference is implemented?
>> I think it states that it is supported by the algorithm, but not
>> implemented as a separate function... Like I said above.
>
> It's the first line at:
>
> http://geometrylibrary.geodan.nl/formal_review/sets.html
>
> Introduction
> The GGL implementation of the algorithms intersection, union,
> difference and symmetric difference is based on set theory (a.o.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Set_(mathematics)).
OK, sorry about that. It is true. I wrote that page one week ago, during
the review, as additional doc, and it gives the necessary theoretical
background. It *is or will be* (depending how you consider it)
implemented like that but *not yet* as a separate function. It is
written in the lower part of that page but not in the first line.

Sorry about the confusion, and (I now understand better) also about my
remark about invalid input, I understand the confusions now, you are
right to test like that.

Barend