Subject: Re: [boost] Updating the Boost Review Process Was: [GGL] Bost.Polygon (GTL) vs GGL - rationale
From: Fernando Cacciola (fernando.cacciola_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-18 18:30:04

Hi Jose,

> CGAL, which is focused on computational geometry, and Fernando knows
> well, ends his philosophy page with this text that is interesting.
>
> http://www.cgal.org/philosophy.html
> Beyond Robustness

Just for the record, I don't just know CGAL well. I am one of its active
developers and even contributed to the internal discussions that lead to this
piece of text you just quoted (for no clear reason though)

I also invested quite some time working with BOTH GTL and GGL authors on the
technical details of the robustness issues on their respective libraries, so I
know in quite detail how the libraries handle this, FWIW (though as I say I am
not sure what you point is here)

Best

--
Fernando Cacciola