Subject: [boost] [thread] Bug sprint: #2100 thread fails to compile with -fno-exceptions
From: Vicente Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-22 14:15:37

Ticket description: "The thread component fails to compile with GCC when
-fno-exceptions is specified. The attached patch allows the libraries /
tests shipped with boost 1.35.0 to compile. There didn't seem to be a better
option to make g++ happy than to just #ifndef out the catch(...) block, as
it would otherwise complain about the throw in the block." from

Hi, I think that Boost.Thread has not been designed to work without
exception. What would be the behavior of the application if we remove just
any throw statement? In order to achieve the reporter goal, we should need
to add functions returning a return code. IMO this is out of the scope
currently. Thus I propose to close the ticket.

Anthony, do you agree?

Vicente