Subject: Re: [boost] Idea: Boost Software Foundation?
From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-25 10:40:02

On 11/25/2009 10:14 AM, Edouard A. wrote:
> 3. That's where I disagree, although I think the idea is good, I think it's
> a bit naive to believe that the day you create a foundation it's going to
> be better organized "because it's a formal structure". It's just going to
> take immense amounts of efforts, blood and energy. But I think it's worth
> it.

Compare it to what boost.org is right now. The question is how to get
away from the huge monolithic effort that boost.org is right now,
without loosing all the benefits, among which there are:

* A vibrant community
* Project hosting (with all the usual infrastructure, and portal bits)
* Operating under a single administrative (and to some extent legal)
umbrella

Getting there doesn't have to be a very disruptive process, and thus
doesn't need to "take immense amounts of efforts, blood and energy". It
could very well be incremental, over a couple of years. What is
important, though, is to develop a shared vision of where boost.org
should go, to have everybody work towards the same goals.

Regards,
         Stefan