Subject: [boost] [rdb] 0.2.02
From: Jean-Louis Leroy (jl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-25 13:18:46

I have uploaded a new release to the vault. It contains :

* support for the float type. Internals have been cleaned up to make it
easier to add new types

* SQLGetData is not used anymore, result_set uses bound variables to
read results

I am a bit concerned about compilation time. Guess I'll have to take a
look at the template profiler as well.

I use float_ (note: underscore) for the variable type for receiving
float values (and the length/null indicator). I am a bit tempted to
switch to a convention that would prevent clashes with C++ names, e.g.
Float or FLOAT. This would solve the problem of `select` clashing with
the socket function from the C lib, e.g. : SELECT(p.id, p.name).FROM(p) ...

Opinions on this ?

Jean-Louis