Subject: Re: [boost] [rdb] 0.2.02
From: Darren Garvey (lists.drrngrvy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-25 15:43:02

2009/11/25 Jean-Louis Leroy <jl_at_[hidden]>

> Darren Garvey wrote:
>
>> Hi Jean,
>>

> Jean-Louis or J-L please or the others are going to believe that I'm a girl
> ;-)

Heh no problem, what about Jean Reno[1]?

 This looked interesting last time I checked. Do you have a direct link?

> http://www.boostpro.com/vault/index.php?action=downloadfile&filename=boost_rdb_0.2.02.zip&directory=Database&

On a side note, have you ever looked at the syntax employed by litesql [2]?

eg:

class Person; // class definition generated from XML.
Database db; // also generated.

vector<Person> people = select<Person>(db).all();
Person jim = select<Person>(db, Person::Name = "Jim").one();

The source code for Person / Database would be generated from an XML
database definition. I'm not entirely sure about the idea of that, but the
final syntax is very nice to use. You've mentioned before that you
eventually aim to use your library as a base for an ORM-style library, so
hopefully you can take some inspiration from that library.

Cheers,
Darren

[1] - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Reno
[2] - http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/litesql/