Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Integer makeover
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-26 09:07:50

Looks excellent.

I spotted, just cosmetically glancing through,

1 // to manipulate as possible, it's size may be greater than

should be 'its', as ever ! ;-)

2
Copyright � 2001 -2009 Beman Dawes, Daryle Walker, Gennaro Prota, John Maddock
Table�2.�Members of the `boost::high_bit_mask_t` Class Template
Table�3.�Members of the [^boost::low_bits_mask_t] Class Template

 has some unprintable (by Firefox) chars. (But other Quickbook, eg Units show the (c) sign OK.

3 The class templates in this header are an extension of the integer type selection class templates. The new class templates provide the same sized types, but also convienent masks to use when extracting the highest or all the significant bits when the containing built-in type contains more bits. This prevents contaimination of values by the higher, unused bits.

typos in convienent and contaimination

(we haven't quite got the spilling chicker to work with Quickbook)

Paul

PS I'll try to get my draft Prototype in a comment-worthy state and post to sandbox.