Subject: Re: [boost] [serialization] polymorphic archives +boost_class_exportgenerates linker errors
From: Christoph Heindl (christoph.heindl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-28 02:35:19

Robert,

> This will compiler and link as expected.  Perhaps this
> explanation will help with your own application.  At the
> bottom of its is the EXPORT(A) requires that templates
> or declarations exist which match all archive classes
> included.

Thanks a lot for the explanation. This actually helped me quite a lot
in getting my example to compile. Thanks for that!

One more question, Robert: Did you have a chance to look up the
subsequent issue I posted this thread? Here's the gmane link

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/197061

I really feel inconvenient to bother you with this. What's the policy
for such potential issues anyway? Post them on the mailing list or
file them as bug?

Best regards,
Christoph