Subject: [boost] [chrono] type_traits/common_type and integer/ratio
From: Vicente Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-28 13:12:08

Hi,

I'm looking on how to continue with the Boost.Chrono library and I would
like to know if

* Boost.TypeTraits could take care of the common_type class template.
* Boost.Integer could take care of the ratio class template.

In this way Boost.Chrono will contain only the time related facilities,
duration, time_point and Clocks.

In order to minimize the task and been able to purpose as soon as possible
the library for review I would like to concentrate on the implementation of
the standard proposal and let for a future release the facilities Beman
added as

   * Class template timer, with typedefs:
          * `system_timer`
          * `monotonic_timer`
          * `high_resolution_timer`

    * Process clocks and timers:
          * `process_clock`, capturing real, user-CPU, and system-CPU times.
          * `process_timer`, capturing elapsed real, user-CPU, and
system-CPU times.
          * `run_timer`, convenient reporting of process_timer results.

What do you think about this approach?

Best,
Vicente