Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost-users] GGL Review Results
From: Barend Gehrels (barend_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-29 12:25:20

Hi all,

> Based on this result and the discussions the Generic geometry Library has
> been formally accepted into Boost.

We are very happy to hear this result and we will work on all
shortcomings and points listed.

> - Name of the library: the name 'GGL - Generic Geometry Library' is
> misleading as it is not a generic geometry library but a library using
> generic programming techniques related to geometry. It has been suggested to
> use the name Boost.Geometry instead. This is not a requirement imposed by
> the review results, but I would like to suggest to the authors to consider
> renaming.

Boost.Geometry has indeed been suggested several times. The name GGL
consists further of "generic" and "library", which are both redundant
since the library is accepted into Boost. We talked about that more,
within the team, and we are convinced that Boost.Geometry is fitting our
library well.

So we now kind of formally announce that GGL is being renamed to
Boost.Geometry. Because we have an external website and mailing list, we
have still to decide if those will be renamed as well. But in the Boost
context, in the documentation and in the namespaces, Boost.Geometry and
boost::geometry will be there.

> At this point I would like to thank all who participated in the review and,
> certainly, the authors for submitting this excellent library to Boost.

With great pleasure. We want to thank our Review Manager again for
having managed this review. Also from our side we want to thank again
all reviewers, and all participants in the discussions. There are still
two or three questions open and we will answer them coming week.

Regards,
Barend Gehrels, Bruno Lalande, Mateusz Loskot