Subject: Re: [boost] Notice: Boost.Atomic (atomic operations library)
From: Stefan Strasser (strasser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-29 19:19:02

Am Sunday 29 November 2009 23:49:52 schrieb Helge Bahmann:

> Is there any step-by-step guide on how to create, build and document a new
> library? I could really use that as the boost build and documentation
> system is pretty alien to an autotools-accustomed guy like me.

there is a guide on how to set up the build system:
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_41_0/doc/html/boostbook/getting/started.html

there is none on how to write documentation, this is how I got started:

 - try if you can successfully bjam inside libs/intrusive/doc/
 - copy intrusive/doc/Jamfile.v2 and intrusive/doc/intrusive.qbk to your
library dir (must be inside the boost tree!)
 - change anything that looks "intrusive" in the jamfile to your library
 - open the .qbk file and delete all sections except the one
containing "xinclude autodoc.xml"
 - bjam

you should get a html-documentation built that contains the typical boost
reference documentation for your library.