Subject: Re: [boost] Any interest in static plugins?
From: Dave van Soest (dsoest_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-30 13:39:34

Hi OverMindDL1,

> Heh, I do the exact same thing for many of my things, especially in
> the console to register new commands. If you can make it more simple
> and/or efficient then I already have my code, I would use this, but so
> far your code is slightly more verbose.

I think the verbosity of the code could be reduced by making 'id' a
static public member of ObjectBase, then let IdType be an integer and in
the initializer of 'id' call a counter function that generates unique
id's. The disadvantage of this approach is that you don't know
beforehand what the id of a certain plugin will be.

Best regards,
Dave van Soest