Subject: Re: [boost] [explore] Library Proposal: Container Streaming
From: David Bergman (David.Bergman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-01 13:12:51

On Dec 1, 2009, at 12:47 PM, Vladimir Prus wrote:

> Robert Ramey wrote:

>> I didn't have to write even one line to template code to
>> implement the example.
>
> I though boost.serialization was written by you?

The example is quite distinct from the library being used...

In other words, there is a special quality of Boost.Serialization that is of importance: it exists. So, we are allowed to use it, and by using it, we have to write very little code ourselves, beside a number of include statements. Great!

> And that code still has
> to be parsed by the compiler.

This is a different issue. Is that your problem, that you think compilers have a problem with some complex constructs inside the Boost.Serialization library? Does the compiler fail? Consume too much resources? Too much time?

/David