Subject: Re: [boost] [explore] Library Proposal: Container Streaming
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-02 03:40:07

Mikael Olenfalk wrote:

> Just a quick note regarding debug compilation:

>>> Let me check this. I am using -O2
>>
>> That's not debug build, for sure.
>>

> The -O2 setting only controls optimization, the -g flag is for
> enabling debug. You can have debug builds and turn on optimization at
> the same time, check for the presence of the -g flag (presence =
> debug)

I know fairly well what -O2 and -g do, and I stand by my earlier statement.
-O2 makes debugging experience sufficiently painful that nobody will ever
want to use that in debug builds, except in very unusual circumstances -- like
tracking down a bug that only occurs at -O2 in the first place.

- Volodya