Subject: Re: [boost] [chrono] type_traits/common_type and integer/ratio
From: joel falcou (joel.falcou_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-02 13:23:49

Michael Fawcett wrote:
> I'll look into this. It certainly sounds attractive!
>
> I went down a similar path once, but I didn't like how I had to do
> this for every free function - dot_product, cross_product, magnitude,
> normalize, etc. Maybe it's just a one time cost that pays off in the
> end with usability
I did that for my HPC library and well, managing 457 such functiosn is a
bit of a daunting task, but in the end it pays.
At some point you can factor out recurrent result into external class
and just have your actual PFO using them etc...
Other nice thign is that turning this into a phoenix lambda is trivial,
as for applying them to fusion tuples etc...

Joel Falcou - Assistant Professor
PARALL Team - LRI - Universite Paris Sud XI
Tel : (+33)1 69 15 66 35