Subject: Re: [boost] Meta State Machine library review / MSM, question
From: Christophe Henry (christophe.j.henry_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-04 09:14:22

Hi Barend,

>All my states are structs. Why is the state an integer here? How can I
>(humanly or with MSM) translate that state to one of the states defined?
>It works, I get a message, but still don't know which transition was not
>provided...

Unfortunately, no_transition is one of the few cases, where because of
implementation details, MSM already crossed the compile-time /
run-time boundary and all it has is the state id.
Annex A shows the order in which the (usually hidden) state index is
calculated. It's simply the order of appearance in the transition
table. First are source states checked, then target states.

Regards,
Christophe