Subject: [boost] [msm] choice (point) pseudo state
From: Christophe Henry (christophe.j.henry_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-07 05:33:12

Hi Michael,

>I do not see the concept of a choice point. Did
>I miss it? It looks like it can be modeled with
>a state having only anonymous transitions and
>appropriate guards.

Correct, there is currently no choice point as it can be easily
emulated and I'm still scratching my head about what to do with it.
I'm actually unsure whether and how it should be implemented.
It'd be a normal state with an incoming anonymous transition (as you
mentioned) and several guards. Even the "else" is optional. So I admit
I'm a bit confused if I should simply provide a typedef or if
something makes it different from a state. That's the reason why it's
not implemented yet. If you or anybody else sees a good use for it and
why it's more than a normal state, I'd be quite thankful and could
implement it.

Christophe