Subject: Re: [boost] Meta State Machine (MSM) review
From: Christophe Henry (christophe.j.henry_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-07 10:40:57

Hi Robert,

>I wonder if the library can provide a debugging mode that would provide a helpful default implementation
>of no_transition that could help identify the unknown transition rather than requiring the user to write something?
>Such a function might access internal details, perhaps only provided in the said debugging mode,
>that would be clearer about the source state and event for which no transition was provided than would user-level code.

Right now you only get an assert in debug mode. I also wonder if more
would be possible. About the event, sure, it is already done, about
the source state, I can't promise anything, but I will have a look at
it.
If I understand correctly, you would be satisfied with an assert or
error message bringing a bit more debug information?

Christophe