Subject: Re: [boost] Review Wizard report for December 2009
From: Stefan Strasser (strasser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-08 09:49:35

Am Tuesday 08 December 2009 14:14:23 schrieb Jeff Flinn:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> Stefan Strasser wrote:
> > Am Tuesday 08 December 2009 02:33:19 schrieb John Phillips:
> >> If you're a library author and plan on submitting a library for review
> >
> > Persistent
> > ---
> > A library, based on Boost.Serialization, that provides access to
> > persistent objects with an interface as close as possible to accessing
> > regular objects in memory.
>
> Any code/docs available yet?

only some outdated docs. (I was about to request a review, but then I got some
ideas, and no code line was left unchanged...)

I'll post a preview as soon as I have some usable documentation, and the code
as soon as I've tested it on more than one compiler, to avoid the most
obvious portability issues.

attached is a simple test case demonstrating concurrent transactions.
there's not a lot to explain, it's the classic example of multiple
transactions concurrently withdrawing and depositing from/to bank accounts.

maybe this:
the _loc suffix denotes what I call a "locator". it is similar to a pointer
but can reference not only objects in memory but also objects in any
persistent resource configured with the transaction manager.

so in the example, loc<> is the equivalent to a raw pointer, and shared_loc is
the equivalent to a shared_ptr.